Please call us at 214-823-2733 if you can help.
• Organizing a fundraising event — garage sale, benefit concert, party with collection for TTU, car wash, etc.
• Arranging for proceeds from a professional organization to be donated to TTU
• Filling out form to obtain matching donations from corporate employers
• Approaching businesses for donations and organizing a raffle
• Providing consulting expertise on no- or low-budget fundraising events
Advancing Tenants’ Rights:
• Meeting with legislators on needed reforms
• Participating in letter writing campaigns to elected officials
• Sending letters to the editor
• Providing one-to-one assistance/answering tenant/landlord questions at workshops, and/or on the phone. Requires commitment to training, and volunteering at least two hours a month.
• Clearing phone machine
• Assembling membership packets
• Sending monthly renewal letters
• Staffing workshops (handling sign-in, taking membership dues and distributing packet)
• Data entry
Translation and Interpretation:
Bilingual (Spanish) volunteers are needed to help at our Wednesday night workshops, and on occasion, with written materials.